Persuading and Advocating
225.00 EURPrice without VAT
The skill of persuasion is a necessary part of every professional’s communication where the goal is to achieve a result. Whether you are presenting a solution, defending your idea or dealing with arguments, your success will be determined to a large degree by how convincingly you speak and how freely and convincingly you can deal with the arguments which are at your disposal.
We invite you to develop the skill of taking the floor convincingly and answering unexpected questions in the Persuading and Advocating! 1-day intensive course.
Target Audience: This course is meant for those who believe that they can formulate their ideas quite well, but wish to get tougher, and be prepared for situations where they have to respond to questions or criticism.
The aim of the Course: To provide knowledge and practical skills for how to take the floor convincingly in a variety of situations, including complex ones.
- Purposeful communication
- Greater self-confidence
- A better way of expressing oneself
- Better results
Work Format: 1 day, 6 hours
The course has been created as a group of practical activities. Participants’ presentation skills will be diagnosed and developed in the first part of the day. In the second part of the day, the ability to create dialogue and respond to some unexpected and tricky questions will be developed.
Participants are invited to arrive with their presentations (3 minutes) – ones which await a crucial decision or counter-arguments, or which defend a difficult situation (a lack of time, a budget and similar). We will do practical work with the presentations during the course.
1. Introduction. Diagnosis of participants’ presentation skills.
2. Convincing presentation:
- Structure: do you have a powerful message? A good start, a good finish?
- Form – vocal, verbal, visual
- How to cover up your anxiety
- How to move listeners
- Styles of questions
3. Participants’ practical presentations (3 min). Feedback and individual recommendations.
4. Tricky questions and responding techniques:
- Delivering negative information – an arguable opinion, a rejection, admitting an error. How do we say NO?
- How to move the discussion so that it is about a solution
- How to keep the peace
- Practical training “the hot seat” – participants train to answer spontaneously with convincing arguments
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.