Presentation – Rise to the Challenge (in English)
420.00 EURPrice without VAT
Speaking well is a challenge in any language – even more so if the language is not your native one. Whether you have an audience of one or a thousand, your ability to design and manage your messages will be a key factor in your success.
Target audience: Top and middle level managers, all those who need to be able to present and “sell ideas” in English.
Aim of the course: To develop skills in public speech and ability to justify one’s opinion in different audiences in English.
Gains: You will significantly improve your ability to design and deliver a persuasive message in English.
Duration: 2 days, 12 hours.
1. Architecture of presentation: How to sell your ideas:
- Lecture: the reasons for speaking: what effect goals and the target audience have on the structure of the presentation;
- How to start and finish – and how not to;
- Practical work: how to create attractive reports. Formula for creating reports on the offers of or solutions by your business;
- Practical work: brief presentation by the participants on a theme important to them;
- How to develop your main message briefly and to the point;
- How to stir the audience;
- Practical training: participants present their arguments.
2. Selling an idea during a conversation with one or several partners:
- Brief lecture: decisive factors of success: visual, vocal, and verbal (with an emphasis on the visual);
- Participants come with their homework done: key points of the conversation;
- Practical work: improvement of key points;
- What is the hook? What makes the listener remember you? How to find quotes and similes?
- Video training: practice session: conversation modelling; corrections by teacher.
3. Selling your idea to a large audience:
- Exercises for posture, voice, and diction; for stress reduction;
- Participants come with homework: first three minutes of addressing a large audience;
- Arguments are sharpened;
- Intensive video training: presentation.
4. Special challenges – PowerPoint and difficult questions:
- Lecture on PowerPoint presentations: successes and failures;
- Changes in participants' PowerPoint presentations, based on the formulae of rhetoric;
- Video training: PowerPoint – how to speak effectively using PowerPoint;
- Lecture on techniques to be used when the audience asks difficult questions;
- Video training: hot chair – participants are trained to spontaneously use convincing arguments.
5. Summary. Participant receives printed material and a personal video recording.
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
This course can be organized as corporate training, adapting the programme to the specific needs of your business.
Main conclusions from the training or 3 things you will definitely use from now on:
- Body language, structured content, exercises.
- Correct body language. Structure of talk. Answers to difficult questions.
- Exercises. Thinking before answering questions without any rush. Use of PP.
- Before the presentation, warm up physically and prepare for talk; pay attention to body language, speaking volume, and eye contact.
- Individual advice of the teacher. Body language – an important part of the talk. Hooking the audience.
- Body language is of crucial importance. Before the presentation, prepare carefully. It is possible to fight and overcame the fear of presentation.
- Structure of presentation. Body language. Training.
- Self-control, exercises, experience of others.
- Public is of principal importance. Less is more. Personal attitude.
- Breathing, formulating the thought using "boxes"; continuing to perfect presentation skills.
What did you like best in this seminar?
- Practical exercises, smarting experience.
- Lectures (rather than practical work).
- I really enjoy trainers work -> process of learning. Thanks a lot!
- Banuta’s attitude, approach, knowledge.. all about her :)
- Body language skills, story-telling techniques.
- Banuta, Banuta and Banuta. She is an excellent coach. Thanks.
- Discussions and practice.
- Banuta’s experience and personality.
- Printouts and materials.