Presentation – Rise to the Challenge©
395.00 EURPrice without VAT
Speaking well is a challenge whether you have an audience of one or a thousand, your ability to design and manage your messages will be a key factor in your success.
Aim of the course: To develop one's public speaking skills and convincingly communicate one's point to different audiences.
- A more purposeful communication with clients, colleagues, employees;
- Greater self-confidence;
- More polished articulation.
Duration: 2 days, 12 hours.
Working method: Brief lectures, practical tasks individually and in small groups. During the practical activities, participants will have the opportunity to find out the strong side in their argumentation and presentation style and improve their weaker side.
Presentations by participants will be filmed. At the conclusion of the course, participants will be given their personal video recording.
Target audience: Medium and higher level managers, anyone who needs to "sell ideas" both in a conversation and addressing an audience.
1. Architecture of presentation: How to sell your ideas:
- Lecture: the reasons for speaking: what effect goals and the target audience have on the structure of the presentation;
- How to start and finish – and how not to;
- Practical work: how to create attractive reports. Formula for creating reports on the offers of or solutions by your business;
- Practical work: brief presentation by the participants on a theme important to them;
- How to develop your main message briefly and to the point;
- How to stir the audience;
- Practical training: participants present their arguments.
2. Selling an idea during a conversation with one or several partners:
- Brief lecture: decisive factors of success: visual, vocal, and verbal (with an emphasis on the visual);
- Participants come with their homework done: key points of the conversation;
- Practical work: improvement of key points;
- What is the hook? What makes the listener remember you? How to find quotes and similes?
- Video training: practice session: conversation modelling; corrections by teacher.
3. Selling your idea to a large audience:
- Exercises for posture, voice, and diction; for stress reduction;
- Participants come with homework: first three minutes of addressing a large audience;
- Arguments are sharpened;
- Intensive video training: presentation.
4. Special challenges – PowerPoint and difficult questions:
- Lecture on PowerPoint presentations: successes and failures;
- Changes in participants' PowerPoint presentations, based on the formulae of rhetoric;
- Video training: PowerPoint – how to speak effectively using PowerPoint;
- Lecture on techniques to be used when the audience asks difficult questions;
- Video training: hot chair – participants are trained to spontaneously use convincing arguments.
5. Summary. Participant receives printed material and a personal video recording.
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.
What did you like best in this seminar?
- Practical activities, the opportunity to ask questions for which answers were also received.
- Presenter’s ability to encourage and inspire one to develop both in the training, as well as believing in one’s own abilities, in future as well.
- Critical evaluations from a competent presenter. The opportunity to receive a video and look at oneself from afar in stress situations.
- Even though I was really afraid of it, but they were definitely practical skills, which the presenter first explained and then provided constructive criticism. Very useful.