Manager and management consultant with experience in the governmental, non-governmental and business sectors, experienced in advocacy, lobbying and politics.
Obtained a Master in Public Administration (MPA) at Harvard Kennedy School in 2007. Currently, a visiting lecturer at the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Board Member at ZENO Consulting and Managing Partner at Equity United Management. Daniels has previously advised a number of foreign governments on economic development and policy, served as a Minister of Economy of Latvia (2011-2014), a State Secretary at a Ministry of Culture, the Head of Corporate Affairs at Swedbank Latvia, Board Member at the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and has held other senior positions. Daniels is also a Board Member and co-founder of Latvian Startup Association. In parallel to his business activities Daniels was recently appointed Chairman of political party “Movement Pro!”.
Daniels has been collaborating with TRIVIUMS since 2007. He specializes in the fields of leadership, change management, negotiation and dispute resolution, organizational development and strategic planning.
- Master in Public Policy and Management at Harvard University (USA);
- professional diploma in Cultural Management at London’s City University;
- Bachelor’s degree in music (piano) at the Latvian Academy of Music.
- High-level Advisor to the Ministry of Economy of Moldova on European Union issues;
- Minister of Economy (2011-2014);
- State Secretary at the Ministry of Culture;
- Board Member and a Strategy Director of the Latvian Chamber of Trade and Industry;
- Director of the Corporate Relations Department of Swedbank Latvija and was member of the bank's management team;
- Brand Director at DDB Latvija;
- Management and Communications Advisor to the General Manager of the Latvian National Opera;
- Board Member at the Talent Development Foundation;
- member of the Mediation and ADR Association.
What did you like best in the training conducted by Daniels?
- The course is focussed very much on the practical, not the theoretical, which is really valuable. Actual situations from the business environment were taken as the basis. (Corporate course "Effective Communication in Business: Communication – Strategy – Collaboration – Negotiations")
- We worked by ourselves, the presenter stimulated ideas. A complete action plan was developed as a result. (Corporate course "Strategic Thinking, Understanding and Involvement")
- I see a real possibility for applying the provided information and experience in practice. Interesting practical tasks. (Open course "Conducting Negotiations. How to Negotiate Cleverly and Gain More?")
29., 30. Aug