ABC of Effective Management (II level)
Working with people brings more and more new challenges for today’s managers – technological development, globalization, constant changes and a shortage of employees are only some of them. Consequently, the skills development of managers is becoming a necessary and continuing process.
- Employee motivation and motivating
- Motivational communication
- Team focus and facilitating collaboration
- How to manage in uncertain conditions
Aim of the course: To provide participants with in-depth knowledge and practical skills for effectively managing employees.
- An understanding of the nature and methods of motivation and the most effective tools
- Instruments for more productive communication with employees
- Knowledge about the role of the manager and opportunities for facilitating one’s team’s cooperation
- Better skills for managing employees in uncertain and changing conditions
- Specific scenarios for action for various situations, including difficult ones in everyday work
Duration: 2 days, 12 hours
Working methods: The active and interactive form of working: there are many discussions, role plays and practical tasks in the course. Participants will gain a theoretical insight into each of the themes through their analysis.
Participants are invited to share their situations during the course, and, by becoming aware of the best practice, to search for various solutions and opportunities together.
Target Audience: Middle managers with experience and basic knowledge of employee management.
1. Motivation and motivating. What is important for the employee?
- The essence of and methods for motivation. Differing responsibilities.
- What influence does the company have?
- Team responsibility. Why is what others are doing important?
- What is in the hands of the employees themselves?
- What should the manager do with all of this? Opportunities and tools.
2. Motivating communication. Discussion with employees – directly and remotely:
- How should a clear agreement be reached with employees?
- How to highlight values and motivate?
- Motivating feedback.
- How should development be inspired?
3. How to facilitate a team focus and cooperation?
- Why is the team important?
- Relationship dynamics in a team. The natural and inevitable stages of team development.
- The leader’s role and opportunities for facilitating collaboration. Conflict management.
- How to provide a clear structure and manage informal leaders?
4. How to manage in conditions of uncertainty?
- Involving employees and supporting the initiative.
- What facilitates proactivity?
- How to manage, if the situation is not clear to oneself?
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted to the specifics and needs of the company.