The so-called “humble” leadership style, where the manager or leader is no longer the “focus”, is coming to the fore in a very convincing way in the international environment. The leadership role is not so much about controlling performance as it is about strengthening one’s team’s resources, creating and maintaining an environment that encourages each individual to find out, unlock and develop the best in him/herself.
How can this be achieved and what are the requirements? Leadership development experts mention authenticity as the most important competence on the list of TOP 10 competencies for 21st century leaders. What does this mean?
Authenticity is the ability to be like you really when leading people and situations. It includes both the courage not to be perfect, to understand oneself and be aware of one’s potential. It is also about not being afraid to make mistakes, and instead, to think about mistakes as an opportunity for growth.
During the course, we will:
- look at some of the most important aspects of authentic leadership
- learn techniques which help in recognizing new and broader opportunities in personnel management
- share practical leadership experience, world recognized approaches and best practice
- An individual leadership style based on personal values
- Practical instruments for identifying and utilizing a team’s strongest points
- More focused and effective team leadership skills
- A more harmonious and aware professional/personal life
Duration: 1 day, 6 hours
Work format: Lectures, discussions, practical exercises and techniques.
1. Discovering one’s existing leadership style:
- The effect of previous experience and challenges on leadership style and growth;
- Analysis of one’s existing way of thinking. A way of thinking based on growth and success.
2. Discovering one’s authenticity:
- Techniques for discovering authentic values;
- Identification of one’s strong points and their application in one’s professional field and personal growth. How, when and to what extent should one use one’s stronger points so that they do not become our weaker points?
- Active listening techniques and the development of emotional intelligence in a team and in leadership and their benefits in a professional and personal environment.
3. Integration of authentic leadership in one’s activities:
- Integrity and leadership. Leading a team by example – creating a culture of authenticity, standards and responsibility within a team.
- Developing a personal authenticity plan for the maximum development of one’s potential.
4. Individual coaching session for personal growth
(optional, by individual agreement at a time 2 – 3 weeks after the training course).
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
The individual coaching session, handouts, coffee breaks and lunch are included in the participation fee.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.
What did you like best in this seminar?
- I valued the presenter’s work very positively. The training had good and logically prepared content. High emotional intelligence, which facilitated openness and a very positive dynamic.
- Thank you to Linda! True stories & examples created openness in the group. May it succeed!