Effective Work with Customers by Telephone
160.00 EURPrice without VAT
Communication skills – the ability to come to an understanding with the most diverse people, to distinguish their needs and to find the best solution for them - is a universal tool enhancing every professional’s productivity. Customer service by telephone requires particular attention and empathy, so that irrespective of the topic of discussion and its emotional intensity – whether it’s informative, or helps the customer or reminds the customer about unfulfilled obligations - good service can be provided.
This course offers a deeper understanding of customer oriented service, focussing on the features of telecommunication. As part of the course, you will receive the answers to: What really is good service? What is common to all difficult customers? What sort of communication strategies should be used and how, when dealing with them? How can one’s personality be developed so that interaction with difficult customers, rather than being a problem, becomes a challenge for you to accept constructively and solve?
Target audience: Customer services specialists who communicate with customers daily by phone.
Aim of the course:
- Develop the skill to successfully serve customers and communicate with different types of customers by telephone;
- Increase participants’ effectiveness in managing emotionally heavy discussions when encountering difficult customers and in resolving conflicts;
- Learn new knowledge and skills which can be applied in practice for overcoming stress. These will assist in solving the challenges of professional life in a more constructive way, particularly when working in a situation with intensive customer contact.
- Knowledge about various types of contact partners and communication strategies for dealing with them;
- Understanding and knowledge about how to conduct customer service by telephone;
- An understanding of one’s personal reactions and discovering individual resources for managing stress and emotions;
- A better understanding about one’s strengths in communication and how they can be developed in everyday situations.
Duration: 1 day, 6 hours.
An interactive, flexible form of work with the goal of applying new knowledge in practice. The course includes mini-lectures, video training – acting out and analysing situations, discussions and practical tasks individually and in groups.
1. Introduction. Getting to know each other. Agreement on course rules. Participants’ expectations.
2. Towards customer oriented customer service:
- Customer oriented service principles and their importance in long-term collaboration;
- The visible and hidden factors in communication;
- Customer expectations and their rational and emotional needs;
- Employees’ understanding of communication and individual attitudes and their importance in providing good service.
3. Primary customer service by telephone:
- Opening the discussion and first phrases;
- The use of intonation as the main instrument of telecommunication;
- Basic principles for conducting a structured discussion (how not to forget to mention the most important things, avoiding verbosity and maintaining control of the discussion);
- Concluding discussions (without superficiality and carelessness).
4. The difficult customer:
- Various types of complex customers;
- Direct and indirect factors which provoke conflict;
- The skill of recognizing difficult customer potential in a conversation partner and how to transform destructive energy in collaboration.
5. Conflict situations, risks of them occurring and solution strategies:
- Factors which influence a customer’s perception of good service;
- Our personal motivation, attitude and stereotypes;
- Five conflict resolution strategies;
- Recognizing and evaluating one’s usual conflict resolution skills;
- The skill of managing emotionally intensive discussions, tolerating customers’ negativism and maintaining a constructive approach;
- How to achieve collaboration in conflict, and the benefits of this strategy.
6. Video training, acting out customer service situations with a subsequent analysis of participants’ contact skills, and learning about participants’ positive resources, as well as developing suggestions for the improvement of certain nuances in contact.
7. Conclusion of the course:
- Participants’ conclusions and ideas for further work;
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.
Main conclusions from the training or 3 things you will definitely use from now on:
- Motivating oneself before a call from a difficult customer. Introductory phrases for discussions with difficult customers.
- Psychological facts and factors in communication with the customer.
- Suggestions and analysis for how I can resolve specific situations better, myself.
- Phrases. Restoring my emotional condition. Resolving conflict situations.
- Short phrases which make people understand emotions.
- To understand how the customer feels, one has to have a discussion.
- Obviously, these here phrases. Firstly, to identify customer information. Each of us is an iceberg :)
- Replacing keywords (however, simultaneously etc.). Making one’s talks simpler, recognizing people types.
What did you like best in this seminar?
- The course was interesting, with real examples. I liked the fact that many things were not just about communication with customers, but about motivating oneself on a daily basis.
- Exchange of opinions.
- I liked the captivating presenter, who actively engaged everyone in the training.
- The organization, interaction with both colleagues and the presenter.
- I liked the fact that the training was conducted by a qualified psychologist.
- I liked everything – great organization, the practical part, the video analysis.
- In my opinion, everything was very organized and the free atmosphere – pleasant! :)