How to Create a Successful Product in 5 Steps
210.00 EURPrice without VAT
A successful product provides the kind of value that exceeds its own cost at least tenfold. The ideal success formula for a product is different in each situation. It is influenced by many factors – the market, customers, employees, skills and knowledge, service, technological opportunities, brand reputation, availability of finances and resources, an organization’s values and culture, as well as various product development and management methods.
We invite you to attend the How to Create a Successful Product in Five Steps course, which will help you to create your own unique product’s success formula!
During the course, we will be focussing on these issues:
- How to increase the value of an existing product?
- How to create successful new products?
- How to generate increasing income with the help of a valuable product and be a step ahead of competitors?
- How to ensure a greater focus on a product and its quality in the rapid everyday pace of business?
- How to help your employer and colleagues to achieve increasing mastery in the area of product management?
The course includes simple methods that have been tested in practice which will help in more effectively managing one’s range of products and to develop successful products more quickly, without investing a disproportionately large amount of time and financial resources in research and analysis.
Aim of the course: To improve the focus on products in one’s everyday work or one’s organization’s work with the assistance of practical methods.
- Higher mastery in product management;
- More potentially satisfied customers;
- Practical methods which can already be applied the next day after the course;
- Greater opportunities to obtain product advantages in one’s market niche;
- Simple instruments and skills in ensuring product quality;
- Methods, which can be applied to commercial products, as well as products utilized internally within an organization (for example, an organization’s IT systems and other internal support resources).
Duration: 1 day, 6 hours
Working method: Brief lectures, interactive workgroups, practical training, discussions, workshops with exchanges of experience. The main focus of the course is the creation of understanding for participants with the assistance of practical exercises. The results of the exercises will be discussed in pairs, small groups and in a joint discussion.
Target audience: Representatives from any fields and position levels or specialists who are involved in the creation, management or development of new products and wish to improve their product management methods in a focussed way.
The course has been created as a 5-step guide to the successful creation of a product:
Evaluation of the existing product
Identification of a new niche
Formulating the value of a product
Testing the product in the market
Growing the value of the product
Practical methods and tools included in the course:
1. Defining, describing and structuring the product
Product description formats
Utilization of epics and stories in describing the need for the product
Defining the product’s acceptance and quality criteria (customer, developer, tester, user, a product owner or proprietor)
Application of the Definition of Done
Product structure plan
Product flow plan
Management of the backlog of product requirements
2. Managing a product’s lifecycle
- Product development and acceptance
- Lean Business Case (Business Value, Value Points, Efforts points and Story Points)
- Product change management methods
- Product portfolio management
- The application of product-oriented approaches in projects (Waterfall, Agile, Kanban, Scrum and PRINCE2)
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted to the specifics and needs of the company.