Coaching in Practice
Coaching is becoming increasingly more popular within contemporary management as an effective method for achieving personal and business goals. The coaching approach helps in discovering and using the potential of individuals and groups in a better way, encourages independent and focused decision-making, encourages development and growth and increases competitiveness.
Specially prepared professionals are often brought in to conduct this work. But, even those without special training can use coaching techniques in their everyday work and achieve excellent results in managing employees and sales, and in achieving other professional challenges.
We invite you to gain an insight into coaching techniques in the Coaching in Practice course and try out their application in practice, led by an experienced presenter and coach!
Aim of the course: Gain an insight into new management approaches and methods.
- an understanding about the essence of coaching and its principles and opportunities for its practical application
- more diverse opportunities for communication and more effective management
- discovering one’s personal growth zone and opportunities
Duration: 1 day, 6 hours
Short lectures with examples from Latvia and from world practice, discussions and an exchange of experience, with individual and group tasks for trying out coaching methods in practice.
Target audience: Managers at all levels who wish to learn and try out new approaches for more effective management of employees and personal growth.
1.How to develop professional coaching relationships.
- Coaching philosophy and basic principles. Erickson's star.
- Coaching ethics
- Coaching competencies
- Contract with the customer
2.Application of the GROW model in coaching.
- Structure of the GROW model
- Demonstrating the GROW model
- Practical exercises in pairs
3.The skill of asking powerful and effective questions.
- The features of a powerful question
- What are the advantages of powerful questions?
- Practical examples and practice
4.How positive feedback and active listening improve productivity.
- The feedback algorithm in coaching
- The motivational factor of feedback in people’s development
- Features of active and intensive listening
- 2 levels of listening
- What are the advantages of intense listening?
- Demo for the group
- Practical exercises
5.How to apply coaching on an everyday level as well at work and within the family.
- Situations when coaching can help and when it cannot.
- In what format can coaching work with employees and family members?
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.