Emotional intelligence (or emotional intellect) is a current theme in both today’s academic and organizational environment. There are different opinions about what Emotional Intelligence really is and what influence it has on our work. One thing is clear – we cannot ignore the presence of emotion in any aspect of our lives and activities.
Emotions are interwoven through our personality and everyday contact with those around us. The ability to regulate and manage them is one of the most important competencies, which allows us to work well, collaborate successfully with others and assist in maintaining good health.
In this course, we will research what our emotions tell us together, and gain practical skills for managing our emotions in the short-term and long-term.
Aim of the course: The acquisition of effective skills which can be applied in practice, which facilitates the ability to recognize and regulate one’s emotions, and those of people around us, forming good interpersonal relations in one’s private and professional life.
- Knowledge about the basic principles of Emotional Intelligence;
- An understanding of the importance of emotions and their management;
- Exploration and development of one’s resources.
Duration: 1 day, 6 hours
Work method: Interactive, flexible work format, with the goal of applying the new knowledge in practice. In the training, there is a lot of practical work, role plays, sorting out the theoretical base and connecting it with practice.
Target audience: Any a person who wishes to get a better understanding of, and to manage their emotions.
1. An understanding of Emotional Intelligence and its importance:
- EI as a feature of personality and EI as a skill;
- EI as a competency for self-regulation.
2. Recognizing emotions in various situations in life:
- Emotional balance;
- The significance of various emotions and opportunities for their management.
3. The emotion self-regulation process:
- Utilizing the situation;
- Changing the focus of attention;
- Cognitive adjustment;
- Modification of reactions.
4. Strengthening personal resources – the foundation for regulating emotions.
- PERMA-H Sustainable Wellbeing Model.
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.
Main conclusions from the training or 3 things you will definitely use from now on:
- Emotional intelligence is a way of improving society, listening, and reflecting accordingly.
- One can discover many different emotions in each matter. Not to be afraid of trying solutions for different situations. One should look at every issue/situation from the viewpoint of each party that’s involved.
- Re-examination of emotional balance. Active listening. Work – balancing one’s personal needs.
- Intelligence – intellect. Balance in life. Three good things each day.
What did you like best in this seminar?
- The presenter’s positive and emotionally rich performance.
- Group and practical work.
- The presenter’s ability to embolden one to analyse personal experience, the cooperation from course participants.
- The presenter’s erudition.
- Thank you, everything was wonderful!