Presentation – Rise to the Challenge © (in English)
250.00 EURPrice without VAT
Everyday communication in a foreign language usually doesn’t present any problems for people working in an international environment. It is different if complex negotiations have to be resolved with a customer, an idea sold to a colleague/collaboration partner or a presentation made in front of a large audience. Then the skill of creating an accurate message and arguing convincingly is decisive, and the foreign language often becomes a particular challenge.
How can you get people to listen and understand precisely what you have said? How can a story be made interesting and persuasive?
We offer intensive, practical training for those who need to present and sell ideas in the English Language. It has been created for a small group of participants (8 – 10) which ensures an individual approach.
Participants are invited to arrive with semi-prepared presentation materials (~5 minute presentation). During the day, we will learn to structure information and formulate a message, working individually with the specific participant’s material. This will be followed by practical presentations by participants (with an opportunity for video recording).
Aim of the course: To develop the skills of presentation in a convincing the manner and justifying your position.
- A more purposeful communication with clients, colleagues, employees;
- Greater self-confidence;
- More polished articulation.
Duration: 2 days, 12 hours.
Working method: Brief lectures, practical tasks individually and in small groups. During the practical activities, participants will have the opportunity to find out the strong side in their argumentation and presentation style and improve their weaker side.
Presentations by participants will be filmed. At the conclusion of the course, participants will be given their personal video recording.
Target audience: Managers, project managers, sales specialists who work in an international environment (with knowledge of the English language).
1. Presentation architecture. How to sell our ideas:
- Reasons to speak. How goals and the target audience influence the presentation structure;
- What to start and finish with, and what should never be done;
- What is the hook? What makes listeners remember you? How to find quotes and parables?
- The formula for how to create an attractive message.
2. Non-verbal communication
- Practical work: formulating a message
- Decisive success factors: the visual, vocal and verbal. Can powerful body language be learned?
- Exercises instance, voice and diction. Reducing stress.
3. Video training
- Participants mini-talk using the learned structure.
- Feedback and recommendations for the structure and non-verbal communication.
4. Special Challenges – PowerPoint and difficult questions:
- Benefits and risks, using slides. The most common errors;
- How to answer tricky questions. Techniques;
- Video training: the hot seat – participants train in responding spontaneously with convincing arguments.
- Summary; the participant receives printed materials and a personal video recording.
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.