Public Speaking Master Class
You are invited to a master class which will help you prepare better for public speaking and presentations! During the master class, you will learn how to create powerful energy and body language, logically structured text and to use your voice and other psycho-physical resources in a way that your talk is clear, understandable and convincing to any audience.
Target audience: Anyone who wishes to develop the skill of speaking publicly and presenting.
The aim of the course: To develop the skill to create a free, captivating and convincing public speech.
- knowledge about possibilities in creating sound and the development of articulation;
- an understanding of gestures, voice timbre, the importance of the melody and rhythm of phrases and their practical application in public speaking;
- knowledge about the logic and structuring of talks;
- techniques for overcoming stress.
Course format: 3 x 4 hours
Short lectures, many practical exercises and tasks. The course is supplemented by a video recording and practical activities in a radio studio, which will enable skills to be evaluated and also to undertake improvements in the learning process.
1. Evaluation of participants’ public speaking skills
2. The body’s overall energy. It's expression through gestures, facial expressions and speech.
3. Being aware of one’s voice. The creation of sounds. Correct breathing, timbre, comprehensive use of the resonator and correct articulation.
4. The content of the text:
- the logical highlight and the core of a sentence;
- suspended, parenthetic, mutually connected ideas;
- combinations of words, the speaking beat, opposites and sub-texts;
- speaking melody, phrases and rhythm.
1. Speaking articulation.
2. Thinking in public, the ability to improvise, visualise and think in pictures
3. How to evaluate questions and create answers. Tasks in groups.
4. Colourfulness of the talk:
- repetition, recitation and example;
- aphorism and paradox;
5. How to cope with stress?
1. Recording in the radio studio
2. Analysis of the recording in the radio studio
3. Perceiving information. Choice of words, bearing in mind the psychological type of your conversation partner.
4. Conclusion. Summary and feedback. Practical suggestions and recommendations.
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts and coffee breaks.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.