Small Talk: the Key to Your Success
To locate new contacts and clients and reinforce links to the existing ones, sometimes one needs to simply be able to engage in small talk. The skill of small talk is an integral part of business communication. Learning communication techniques, you will learn to listen actively, to relax, form positive relationships, "build" conversations as well as not talk when you shouldn't and not discuss what you shouldn't discuss, as well as generate positive emotions in this process.
The ability to conduct a conversation in formal and informal settings will help you both have business success and enhance your image.
This interactive seminar will teach you:
- How to introduce yourself if there is no one to introduce you;
- How to begin, maintain and end conversations;
- How to make yourself at home both at a small business lunch and a conference of 100 participants;
- How to conduct a conversation in a formal and informal setting;
- How to be a pleasant and attractive conversation partner;
- How to find "your story“.
- Knowledge of small talk techniques and the ability to use them;
- Ability to overcome communication barriers in a business encounter;
- Ability to form a better relationship both in a formal and informal setting;
- A time well and enjoyably spent.
Duration: 1 day, 4 hours.
Interactive training - mini-lecture, discussions, group work, role plays, modelling recognizable situations.
1. What is the deeper meaning of small talk?
2. Practical lessons – situation modelling – by subject matter:
- What helps one to relax;
- How to meet people at a big function;
- How to join a conversation;
- How to begin a conversation if you have not been introduced;
- How to continue the conversation successfully;
- How to listen to the conversation partner;
- What to ask and what not to ask;
- How to get charged yourself and radiate energy;
- What your image is and how to develop it in a positive way;
- The effect of stories.
3. Conclusion. A chance to use newly developed skills.
Venue: Elektroniskie sakari training room, Eksporta street 5, Riga
Participation fees include handouts and coffee breaks.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.