Strategist, presenter and consultant on sustainability.
Maija has 8 years of experience in the areas of sustainability and corporate social responsibility, leading substantial international CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) projects and developing sustainability strategies for local and international companies. Has collaborated with and provided support to such companies as Samsung Electronics, Neste, Moller Auto Baltic, Amoralle Level Up, Given, Spice, Bonava and other companies.
Experience in participating in international projects, taking part in Ecology Hub accelerator programmes and working with Green Tech Transition and Sustainable Agriculture start-ups.
Has a good understanding of the practical challenges for companies in introducing a sustainability approach, as she has an understanding of business processes in companies in various fields – companies in manufacturing, sales and services. Has a good knowledge of how processes are managed in small, large and also international companies.
Has 20 years of experience in marketing, communication and brand management.
Currently manages Ziemeļmeita Consulting and provides support to companies in sustainable growth. Is the director of the Zaļā Ziemeļmeita sustainability podcast and the Ziemeļmeita courage and inspiration podcast.
Commenced her collaboration with TRIVIUMS in 2022. Presents lectures in the areas of sustainability and corporate social responsibility, consults on the development of sustainability strategies in the Latvian and English languages.
- Stockholm School of Economics In Riga (SSE Riga) Master’s degree in the Executive MBA programme;
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Rīga Stradiņš University;
- Has added to her knowledge at:
- Bureau Veritas Latvia’s Determining the Effects of Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Development of a System. Calculation. Control. Reporting training course;
- Social Value International’s Social Value and Social Return on Investment course programme in Great Britain;
- The Ellen Macarthur Foundation’s Inside the Circular Economy and Circular Design course programme in Great Britain;
- Ecology Hub Ebre’s Circular Economy for start-ups, Circular business design and Building Regenerative Organizations & Platforms course programme in Spain;
- McKinsey & Company’s Protecting Biodiversity and Scaling Nature-Based Solutions" course.
- Founder of, and sustainability strategist and consultant for, Ziemeļmeita Consulting;
- Business Development Director at Amoralle. A new business direction, Amoralle Level Up, was created and developed, providing the base for the development of a supportive female commune;
- Banka Citadele Brand Manager in the Baltic states;
- Director of the Marketing Department at Valmiermuiža Brewery;
- Samsung Electronics Europe – European headquarters. Corporate Citizenship Executive for Europe. Sustainability and CSR programmes developed, managed and monitored in Europe;
- Samsung Electronics Baltics – Corporate Citizenship Manager for the Baltics. The initiatives managed by her have received several Baltic PR Awards and recognition for The Best Practise CSR Project in Europe within the framework of Samsung Electronics Global;
- Director of the Lattelecom public relations project;
- Director of Internal Communications at Drogas;
- Director of Marketing Communication at Stenders and DEAC;
- Youngest project manager at TBWA advertising agency.