The Competency Interview
210.00 EURPrice without VAT
The competency-based approach is being used more and more widely in contemporary personnel management. An employee’s skills and qualities are the focus of attention in this approach, in contrast to the traditional approach which is based on work content and job descriptions, ensuring outstanding work performance.
What in actual fact are competencies, and do they, or how do they, differ from knowledge and skills? How is this approach expressed in practice and what does it mean for a company’s personnel management? How do we make our employee selection and management process more structured and more meaningful and employee work performance more outstanding?
We invite you to attend a practical course for personnel managers and specialists who are responsible for company personnel selection and the development process!
During the course, we will discuss:
- the possibilities of the competency-based approach in contemporary personnel management, development and work performance management;
- the primary principles for creating effective competency-based models;
- practical tools for conducting and evaluating competency-based interviews.
- Course author and presenter Olga Dzene will share information about the latest world trends, as well as examples from Latvian and world practice.
Course goal: To provide employees with practical knowledge about the use of the competency-based approach in personnel management.
- an understanding of the essence and primary principles of the competency approach
- knowledge about the possibilities of the competency approach
- practical approaches and tools
- a valuable exchange of information
Duration: 1 day, 6 hours.
Work format: Lectures and discussions based on examples and a demonstration of practical tools.
Target audience: Personnel managers and specialists who are responsible for personnel selection and development at a company.
1. The essence of competency. What is it? Technical and behavioural competencies.
2. Effective competency-based model:
- World practice
- What determines effectiveness?
- How to create a competency-based model?
3. The competency-based approach in an organization:
- Effect on the result
- Connection to a company’s strategy and values
- Personnel selection
- Personnel development
- Work performance management
4. Competency-based evaluation:
- Evaluation methods
- How do you check objectivity?
- Practical examples and exercises
5. The competency-based interview:
- Interview methodology
- Pluses and Minuses
- Techniques for formulating questions
- Competency-based interview demo
- Practical exercises
- Interview analysis
Venue: TRIVIUMS training centre, Blaumaņa 11/13 - 12, IV, Riga
Participation fees include handouts, coffee breaks and lunch.
For company training, the programme can be adapted for the specifics and needs of the company.
What did you like best in this seminar?
- I liked the fact that we were able to swap many diverse stories about examples from both everyday works as well as from complex situations.
- Questions about behaviour in specific situations. Constructing an interview. There is something to consider, the inspiration to make changes in everyday interviews.
- Practical examples, structured information. I will compare them with our competency descriptions, guidelines. Localization.